Victoria Beckham @ NY Fashion Week


Victoria is allegedly "celebrating curves" this season.
The Guardian have reported that the popstar-turned-WAG-turned-hottest designer on the planet had banned super-skinny models from hers shows. In that case, allegations that Victoria isn't very 'hands on' with her label are pretty believable.

I saw the shots from her runway show prior to reading the Guardian article and couldn't have been more shocked that they hadn't questioned the choice of models. Victoria is quoted as saying: "I do take my position seriously and I wouldn't want to use very skinny girls." Clearly, Posh sat this one out. Her models couldn't have been thinner.

Personally, I love skinny models and have many an argument with my friends about it. But to claim your line celebrates a "normal" woman when your clothes are hanging from the bodies of absolute waifs, is downright outrageous.

Aside from that, I loved VB's A/W line, especially the nude pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment