Forza Fernando!

I'm in two minds about today's F1 result. Obviously, I support my fellow Brits Jensen and Lewis, but I was secretly pleased that Fernando and his perfectly manicured eyebrows managed to keep the Monza crowd happy. It certainly was a spectacle and the right result for any sentimental F1 fan.

As predicted, Spa and Monza have left us with an even tighter driver's and constructor's championships, and I can't help but wake up every morning wishing it was a grand prix day. It is undoubtedly the most exciting F1 championship for years, and with Lewis failing to finish (well, failing to start really), it is wide open.

I so want Mark Webber to do it. But instinct tells me he's too nice a guy to get what he deserves. It's just like those poised situations when you've avoided the scores all day to watch MOTD on a Saturday night, and a lowly relegation-threatened team is playing one of the big boys and winning 1-0 in the 95th minute. By the nature of the eternally subtle BBC editing, you know what's going to happen.

So I continue to revel in this season's F1, with a huge sense of foreboding over my man Mark's chances. Regardless, he is the people's champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment