An Epiphany

I walked past Somerset House today, the penultimate day of A/W LFW.
I was on my way to Covent Garden for an interwiew, and breezed past a few fash pack kids in my just about interview-appropriate outfit. Thankfully I didn't feel too out of place, instead I felt something bordering on a sense of belonging.
I definitely haven't always considered myself well-dressed, but I've finally hit MY style on the head.
So here it is...

My tip for an interview (not that I'm claiming to be a pro!), is always look at least well-groomed, and at most marginally stylish. I'm often vaguely tempted by an outrageous get-up or two, and it simply isn't worth jeopardising your chances at a job. In this case I kept it smart and unfussy, with just a hint of style peeping through. My skirt was knee length, and paired with the buttoned-up shirt gave a nicely secretarial feel.

BOOSH. Rings - family jewels and charity shops.
Skirt - Zara. Shoes - Office. Socks - Topshop.
Belt - vintage.
Shirt - charity shop.

Mirror - is dirrrrty.


I was wearing a vintage leather jacket, but it's downstairs and I'm lazy, so? Yeah.

It's quite clear that I need a new camera. Actually, this bad boy ain't even mine.

Oh and just to spite all of those fashion blogs, packed to the bloody rafters with poser shots INSIDE the security check of Somerset House, here's one of my very own efforts. I happened to pick up a ticket for London Fashion Week(end - vom) in a Mayfair Hotel goodybag. Note that I tried considerably to step-up the fashion this time around!

Silk top - vintage Topshop Boutique. Kimono/cardigan - charity shop. Faux leather trousers - Topshop. Scarf - Topshop. Lipstick - "Ruthless" Topshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment